Wednesday, April 26, 2006

An excuse to stay up later

That's what this is.

Even though I'm sure no one ever reads this, and it doesn't much matter if they do, I think about it often and feel guilty. Yes, guilt because someone might read it and wonder why I never update.

I bet a lot of blogs end up like this.

Well not me. This is about world design, and I've been designing my butt off. Creating an online world is damn hard work and it's only fair that I inflict it on the rest of the internet!

So, after taking a long 6 months or so off from scripting, I'm right back at it. As usual, in a flurry of activity I have created two whole new systems for the server, fixed a few, and broken one of the biggest.

I rewrote our skill gain scripts. Now you actually have to be successful in something in order to gain skill. Novel idea, eh? It is when you consider what I was working with. In any event, I also had to re-tie stat gain to skill usage. That actually wasn't that hard.

I fixed a bunch of bugs in my other new scripts, too. Character creation could be a bear on my server until I looked back through it, recently. All this, and I've broken magic.

Yes, magic. It's very frustrating. I think I can fix it, but I'd like to make it work the way it used to work before I start making it work differently.

pffft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home