Saturday, September 10, 2005

Best Damn Blog About Katrina

No, not mine...

Bill Whittle wrote an article titled, "Tribes". It's very well written, and is far more eloquent than I could be. I suggest you read it before swallowing one more single propaganda pill from the media.

To the rare few who actually drop in on my blog from time to time, you might notice I've removed Damion Schubert and Scott Jennings from the list of "Smart Guys". After taking a pounding on their boards (argue with stupid people and they will club you over the head with it), and noticing a lack of anything deeply meaningful regarding our world of on-line gaming, they are gone.

I have come to an understanding, however, of why so many developers are so good at identifying their failures yet are incapable of learning from them. It's the liberal mentality. I want my cake, and I want to eat it too, and in a theoretical world where Shreodinger's Cat can walk through walls, I can do just that.

The Katrina disaster has brought all of this clearly into focus for me. As such, I'm only linking up people who seem to have a genuine insight into on-line worlds and their creations. I'm quite sure many of them are probably liberals, but at least they have a significant contribution to make, instead of just commenting on press releases or yammering nonsensically about some theory based on circular logic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home