Sunday, August 14, 2005

Ship Deck Designs

Autorealm is an awesome tool for creating maps for just about anything, but in particular for fantasy "strategy" maps. My only critique is that you kind of have to have some training in AutoCAD to get past the interface.

I picked up the tool over a year ago and like many little "utility" programs, I fire it up every once in a while and try to play with it. Finally, after getting AutoCAD training from work, I opened this up and realized that suddenly I could actually transform the digital landscape using the alchemical symbols set out before me.

Anyway, as I do work, I'll post that work and share it with the rest of the world. If you play any table-top games, feel free to download this stuff and use it for your own purposes.

My first work is a top view of a galleon. I'll break the decks out in the future and post those, too. We're playing a AD&D 2nd. ed. sea faring campaign.

Minrothad's Might

1" = 4' on 11 x 17 Map

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home