Monday, July 25, 2005

What do I do?

Apparently, I'm a theif.

I tried to argue it, but in the face of over-whelming logic, I have to admit the truth. Now, it's time to make a choice.

I could stop. I could pull everything down and go some other direction. There seem to be some other game platforms out there that you can buy and develop.

I could continue as I have, accepting that what I'm doing is morally wrong and knowing that I'm actively working against an ideal I personally hold as sacrosanct (Capitalism).

I was seriously torn for about 5 seconds. That's a long time for me, as I usually know immediately what the right course of action is. But what surprised me most about the answer is that it's the wrong answer.

I'm going to keep going. When EA starts cracking down on people (perhaps even me, since I've made myself a plenty big target), then I'll stop. Until then, I've just got too much invested. Oh yeah, and I want to. I love this game. I love creating this world, and I have no intention of giving it up now.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Oops! Wait a second. I'm not charging any money for what I provide! God, how dumb I am. I got so caught up in arguing a point, I allowed Brian to lead me astray.

That guy is really tricky, so you have to watch him. No, really...he's just passionate, and I got caught up in it.

So, back to where I was before. Not making any money, putting in ass loads of my time and money, and getting damn little thanks for it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaycen Rigger said...

I read the copyright law on what we're doing, and I read the section of the Fair Use act that further restricts copyright holders' rights under the copyright laws.

I'm not a lawyer, but EA would be VERY hard pressed to shut us down, and they'd be spending a lot of money to accomplish very little.

We aren't stealing, we're simply offering a "public viewing" which IS a violation of copyright law. The problem is, they could only shut us down. They couldn't sue us for any damages, since there aren't any.

They could go after a few individuals and hope to scare off the majority, but it would be so very costly for them to try to take down every single offender. And that's how they'd have to do it, one at a time. Each one would be a seperate case.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home