Saturday, June 04, 2005

Qur'an Abuse

This term has been introduced into the lexicon of common parlance for journalists and commentators. The term is rediculous and insulting to all peoples.

When the police come to your home on a call of Qur'an Abuse, do they take the Qur'an and place it with another family until the alleged abuse can be confirmed? Or is Qur'an Abuse more like Spouse Abuse? If the police get called for Qur'an Abuse, do either you or your Qur'an have to go to jail for the night?

I guess I'm just confused as to where the Qur'an fits into the family picture for the average American. I am not a Muslim, so perhaps I don't have the correct perspective. I am not a Christian, either, but it occurs to me that defacing Christian books, artifacts, and symbols is typically considered art (crosses in jars of urine, celebrities ripping up pictures of Pope John Paul II on nation television.)

Is that hypocrisy? It seems like it to me, as a neutral observer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home